ToyFest West kicks off 2020 show
Western Toy and Hobby Representatives Association’s (WTHRA) Board of Directors and ToyFest West’s Slate of Officers have spent the past few months planning the 3-day specialty toy trade show that will be held at the South Point Hotel, Casino & Spa in Las Vegas, where buyers can work, stay, eat and play all under one roof.
Plans for the 59th annual ToyFest West were kicked off at the Director’s and Officer’s combined meeting in Long Beach, California this summer. There were many things that worked well for ToyFest West 2019 and will continue such as the 300 free Hotel Room Night Promotion, the Educational Seminar, Best of ToyFest, show specials, the cash and product raffle, Game Night and of course the legendary welcoming Gala where brilliant toy industry individuals are inducted into the Western Toy & Hobby Representatives Hall of Fame and Retailer of the Year is honored.
- Hotel promotion: The tremendous buy two nights, get one free hotel promotion for the first 300 rooms booked or by January 31, 2020 (whichever comes first) will continue. This offer is open to both retailers and exhibitors.
- Educational seminar: ToyFest will hold one free seminar this year which will take place Monday, March 9 at 8 a.m. Larry Oxenham from American Society for Asset Protection will present Don’t Kill Your Golden Goose – Protect & Perpetuate Your Business. Oxenham is the author of several books, including Protect Your Assets and The Asset Protection Bible. In this seminar retailers will learn the strategies and tools the nation’s top law firms use to save their clients millions of dollars each year. This lecture provides solutions to three major problems: lawsuits, taxes, and probate. A continental breakfast and coffee will be served.
- Best of ToyFest: Retailers will mingle on Tuesday, March 10 at 8 a.m. to share with other buyers what their favorite products are on the show floor for 2020. A list will be compiled and announced after the show. Continental breakfast and coffee will be served to attendees.
- Show specials: ToyFest West encourages all exhibitors to offer great first quarter show specials for their retailers to take advantage of. These ToyFest West show specials will be amongst the best of season.
- Raffle: The ToyFest Raffle is now bigger and better with not only $2400 in cash giveaways but manufactures give away product prizes to several lucky ticket holders. Retailers receive one ticket for every order written at the show. The drawings are held at the close of show all three days, March 8-10, 2020. Tickets carry over each day.
- Game Night: The engaging ToyFest Game Night is limited to 15 manufacturers and exclusively to the first 150 ToyFest West buyers registered for Game Night. Don’t miss the opportunity to teach and learn at this limited event hosted by WTHRA. Dinner and open bar (beer and wine only) will be available for all.
- Welcoming gala: The WTHRA hosted Gala welcomes all attendees, representatives and exhibitors attending ToyFest West. It features a hosted dinner, cocktails and an awards ceremony honoring industry peers.
New this year will be the Morning Masterpieces Kit Session taking place on Sunday, March 8 at 8-10 a.m. before the show opens. Retailers only will have the opportunity to see and learn in a hands-on fashion the newest and most creative kits and crafts on the market. A full buffet breakfast will be served along with coffee and mimosas.
Also new this year is the modification of the Western Toy & Hobby Representatives Association membership. WTHRA members will be open to include all Reps, Manufacturers and now Retailers. Only Reps and Manufacturers will be able to hold office, but Retailers will now have voting privileges as well as perks at ToyFest including drink tickets, discounts for Game Day, electronic listings of ToyFest exhibitors and more. Exhibitors will receive attendee lists, free lead retrieval, discounts at Game Day and more. All will receive company promotion on the ToyFest website as well as in the show directory. Additional details will be included on the membership form and on ToyFestWest.com.
Attendee registration is open for retailers and has been remodeled with a password protected site which enables retailers who attended the past two years to update their current information. Don’t delay and get registered for ToyFest 2020. Exhibitor registration will be open by October.
More details about the show will be made available as plans are finalized such as the 2020 Hall of Fame inductees, Retailer of the Year, seminar speakers, Game Night and Morning Masterpieces Manufacturers and the valued show sponsors. At this time, the Directors and Officers invite you to mark your calendars, book your hotel rooms and register for an exciting and productive 2020 ToyFest West.
Dates and times for ToyFest West 2020 are:
Sunday, March 8, 10 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Monday, March 9, 9 a.m. – 6 p.m.
Tuesday, March 10, 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.