The Atlanta International Gift and Home Furnishings Market offers nearly 50 events
At The Atlanta International Gift and Home Furnishings Market this January, retailers and designers will experience nearly 50 events, seminars, gourmet demonstrations, lounges and celebrations – including the first-ever staging of Party for Life in Atlanta. Programming across the AmericasMart campus will connect market attendees with influencers, tastemakers and thought leaders sharing actionable tips and trends. In addition, AmericasMart will host 100+ food and beverage amenities.
“With the broad range of programming this January, we address a variety of buyer needs, whether that’s in a business-building seminar, a class in the Demonstration Kitchen, a meet and greet with an influencer or at an industry celebration where they can network with like-minded business owners,” said Dorothy Belshaw, chief marketing and digital officer for International Market Centers (IMC).
Party for Life Relocates to Atlanta
The highlight of the Winter 2020 programming is the first-ever staging of Gift for Life’s Party for Life fundraiser in connection with the Atlanta market. The industry celebration takes place on Wednesday, Jan. 15, 2020 at the Fernbank Museum with designer Thom Filicia serving as honorary event chairman and recognition of Anne McGilvray who will be presented with the Chuck Yancy Lifetime Achievement Award. All proceeds benefit the grant making efforts of Gift for Life’s beneficiary DIFFA: Design Industries Foundation Fighting AIDS. Some of the confirmed sponsors to date are AmericasMart/Las Vegas Market, Anne McGilvray & Company, DEMDACO, and Great American Publishing (Gift Shop, museums&MORE, Stationery Trends). Tickets and more information are available at www.giftforlife.org/
Shop the Show
The Winter 2020 class of Shop the Show influencers showcases five influencers – Tiffani Thiessen, Katie Stauffer of the Stauffer Family, Brian Patrick Flynn, Paloma Contreras and Liz Marie Galvan – who collectively reach nearly 6 million followers with content including trends in home décor, gift, tabletop, kids, lifestyle and seasonal décor. These influencers will shop the Market’s 8,000 brands in search of the most coveted products – uncovering the latest trends, while sharing their experiences through social media, vignettes, book signings, and showroom activations.
- Breakfast with Tiffani – Easy Breezy Brunching & Entertaining Tips on Thursday, Jan. 16 at 11 a.m.
- How to Hygge at Accent Decor on Wednesday, Jan. 15 at 3 p.m.
- Pop, Shop & Sip: Cocktails at Corkcicle on Thursday, Jan. 16 at 3 p.m.
- Cozy White Cottage: 100 Ways to Love the Feeling of Being Home book signing on Wednesday, Jan. 15.
- Dream Design Live book signing on Friday, Jan. 17.
Retailer and Designer Education
Educational programming provides actionable tips in marketing and finance.
- Influencer Marketing 101: The Do’s & Don’ts of Getting Your Store on Tuesday, Jan. 14 at 10 a.m.
- Here Today, Gone Tomorrow: Pop-Ups, Mobile Retail and More on Tuesday, Jan. 14 at 1 p.m.
- Social Media Strategy for Retail Success in 2020 and Beyond on Wednesday, Jan. 15 at 10 a.m.
- Partnering for Promotions & Successful Store Events on Wednesday, Jan. 15 at 1 p.m.
- Ten Easy Steps to Retail Relevance in 2020 on Thursday, Jan. 16 at 10 a.m.
- How to Think Like a CFO: The 5 Numbers All Business Owners Need to Know on Friday, Jan. 17 at 1 p.m.
- The Psychology of Price (The Markup and Markdown Game) on Friday, Jan. 17 at 2 p.m.
Designer educational programming touches on best practices, trends and new business opportunities.
- What’s Your Worth? Managing Client Expectations While Growing Your Design Business on Wednesday, Jan. 15 at 2 p.m.
- Ahead of the Curve | East Coast Edition on Thursday, Jan. 16 at 2 p.m.
- Sherwin-Williams Colormix Forecast 2020 on Friday, January 17 at 10 a.m.
- Staging to Sell, What Every Designer Should Know on Saturday, January 18 at 2:00 p.m.
Returning for January 2020 are new buyer breakfast seminars where buyers can learn the basic fundamentals of the market experience – including how to navigate the buildings, the amenities and resources available to buyers, how to use the mobile app, the showrooms are a good fit for their buying needs and more – over breakfast with the Buyer Services team. Breakfast takes place in Building 2 on Wednesday, Jan. 15 at 8:30 a.m. and Building 1 on Thursday, Jan. 16 at 8:30 a.m.
Top chefs and Atlanta-based tastemakers lead interactive cooking and cocktail classes in the market’s unique Demonstration Kitchen.
- A Party for Pollock with Carefree Crab on Friday, Jan. 17 at 11 a.m.
- Fire in my Belly: Totally Cookable Recipes from Around the World on Wednesday, Jan. 15 at 11 a.m.
- A Taste of Australia in Atlanta on Tuesday, Jan. 14 at 11 a.m.
- A Taste of Home: Handcrafted Doughnuts by Doughnut Dollies on Wednesday, Jan. 15 at 3 p.m.
- Global Fusion in 2020: The World in an Egg Roll on Thursday, Jan. 16 at 3 p.m.
- A Culinary Tour of Basque Flavors on Saturday, Jan. 18 at 11 a.m.
- Cocktails and Conversations on Tuesday, Jan. 14, Friday, Jan. 17 and Saturday, Jan. 18, respectively; all at 3 p.m.
- Epic, Attainable Floral Design for All on Friday, Jan. 17 at noon.
The Roaring Navy Party
Sherwin-William’s 2020 Color of the Year – NAVAL SW 6244 – is celebrated at the party on Thursday, Jan. 16 at 7 p.m.
Updated Buyer Amenities
In addition to programming, buyer amenities help to create a positive market experience.
Buyers’ lounges throughout campus including The Southern Couture Lounge, the Creative Commons and the DEMDACO Crossroads feature daily hospitality. In the ECO Lounge, buyers can rest, recharge and learn about products that abide by sustainable practices. The Headshot & Glam Studio provides buyers with a complimentary 20-minute portrait session including hair and make-up touch up. The Wellness and Rejuvenation Lounge features complimentary massages, wellness services and beverages in a serene and relaxing environment.
The Atlanta International Gift and Home Furnishings Market is a wholesale marketplace housing a gift product mix complemented by a broad selection of home décor, featuring more than 8,000 brands across all categories. Held semi-annually at AmericasMart Atlanta, the Market attracts retailers and designers from the U.S. state and abroad. The Winter 2020 staging of The Atlanta International Gift and Home Furnishings Market is Tuesday, Jan. 14-21, 2020 For more information, visit www.AmericasMart.com.