National Candle Association celebrates World Candle Month
The National Candle Association (NCA) is celebrating Wold Candle Month. Candle use is up and people are lighting candles now, more than ever. As the COVID pandemic continues, more people are working from home, spending time at home with family, finding alternative ways to reduce stress and decorate with candles. Established in 2013 by the NCA, World Candle Month proudly promotes the various ways candles enrich our daily lives. Candle lovers around the world celebrate World Candle Month every September.
“This celebration is just one of the many ways NCA encourages industry collaboration to promote global candle sales and celebrate the benefits and joy of candles,” said Kathy LaVanier, president of the National Candle Association.
This year’s World Candle Month theme is Illuminate Your Life. NCA offers the following ideas to celebrate the many ways candles light up our world and fragrance our lives.
Ideas To Celebrate
NCA provides a blog on each of these ideas. For more information, visit www.candles.org.
- Candles can improve your mood – Selecting candles, based on their scent or fragrance can be a great way to improve your mood, reduce anxiety, and even
combat fatigue or loneliness.
- DIY candle projects – From crochet candle holders to candle lanterns, find projects to decorate or enjoy with the kids.
- How to use and burn candles correctly – Learn where to store unused candles, how to trim wicks and spilled wax.
- Candle trends – Find the new fall scents, shapes and candle inspiration for fall.
- Decorating ideas – Both inside and outside, new ideas on how to use candles to freshen up your décor.
NCA provides an array of helpful resource links on its website. Here are some topics that NCA may provide assistance with.
- World Candle Month
- NCA Frequently Asked Questions
- Fire Safety and Candles
- Expert Candle Tips
- Scents Can Have a Positive Effect on Your Mood
- Candle Scent Trends – Cocktails, Beer and Cannabis Scents Find a New Market
- NCA LinkedIn Group
- NCA Instagram Channel
- World Candle Month Facebook Page
- World Candle Month Pinterest Page
- World Candle Month YouTube Channel