Las Vegas Market offers 30 plus seminars and events
Las Vegas Market is offering a comprehensive lineup of programming for Winter 2020, offering buyers and designers opportunities to connect with peers, become educated on the latest industry trends and earn CEU credits. Winter Market runs Jan. 26-30, 2020.
“Las Vegas Market boasts an expansive roster of trend-focused and business-building activities,” said Dorothy Belshaw, executive vice president, chief marketing and digital officer for International Market Centers (IMC).
Winter event highlights include the 15th annual Las Vegas Market Design Icon Award, recognizing award-winning interior designer Martyn Lawrence Bullard. Notable among the Market’s 20+ educational highlights are two proprietary trend programs: FIRST LOOK – 2020 and Best of the West. New to this Market is Oprah’s Favorite Finds – Live!, an enlightening discussion about Oprah’s Favorite Finds, and how the list is compiled each year, with an overview of some coming trends.
Winter Market trend programming includes Las Vegas Market’s proprietary FIRST LOOK program, which will highlight five trending themes for the decade ahead in curated displays located throughout campus, and provides an educational seminar and showroom tour. FIRST LOOK will showcase best new-to-market furniture, home décor and gift product introductions in a seminar tailored to the needs of today’s cross-category buyers, lifestyle stores and interior designers, from 10 to 11 a.m. on Monday, Jan. 27; with the related showroom tours from 11 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 28.
Las Vegas Market’s Best of the West features a panel of four design-duo, taste-making influencers and designers. The panel will be held from 3 to 4 p.m. on Sunday, Jan. 26.
Other trend-focused sessions include: Oprah’s Favorite Finds – Live! This session will be held from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 28. Also on Jan. 28, Laurie Pressman, vice president of the Pantone Color Institute, will present from 10:45 to 11:45 a.m.; and Turning 2020 Trends into Year-Round Profits is slated for 2 to 3 p.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 28.
Winter Market will feature networking receptions and industry award events.
- 2020 Design Icon Presentation from 2 to 3 p.m. on Monday, Jan. 27.
- Business of Design Conference Jan. 2020, in partnership with the Las Vegas Market, will be held from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Jan.25-26.
- The Learn and Earn Buyer Breakfast Roundtables is returning from 8:30 to 10 a.m. on Tuesday, Jan. 28.
- Late-night Cash & Carry Shopping Event from 6 to 8 p.m. on Monday, Jan. 27 in DISCOVERIES: The Antique Vintage Marketplace in Pavilion 1
- Malouf Fifth Bi-Annual Forging Freedom industry event to help raise funds to protect children, from 4:45 to 5:45 p.m. on Monday, Jan. 27.
Las Vegas Market will feature more than 20+ educational sessions over four days.
Seminars on Sunday, Jan. 26
- Desert Modern Design, from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
- Designing for Diverse Demographics from 1:30 to 2:30 p.m.
- How to Achieve Great Financial Results & Keep Your Sanity from 4 to 5 p.m.
Sessions on Monday, Jan. 27
- CEO Bedding Roundtable Luncheon from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Retail Roundup from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m.
- How Any Store Can Capitalize on Digital Marketing from 3 to 4:30 p.m.
Educational seminars on Tuesday, Jan. 28
- The Competitive Advantage of Successful Entrepreneurs from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
Educational seminars on Wednesday, Jan. 29.
- The Ins and Outs of Marketing for Real Designers from 10:30 to 11:30 a.m.
- Looks Matter: Using Visual Merchandising to Boost Sales from 12:30 to 1:30 p.m.
- Industry experts explore Las Vegas Market product categories with guided tours.
- Las Vegas Market offers a range of buyer amenities to enhance the overall shopping experience.
- Fully-equipped lounges for buyers and designers and a dedicated International Buyers Lounge.
- Onsite hospitality includes morning “grab-and-go” breakfasts Sunday through Wednesday in the Courtyard and The Pavilions
- Complimentary “Happy Hour” bars in the afternoon and cocktails in the Grand Plaza Courtyard in the evening
- Nightly entertainment and after-parties at various nightclubs.
Additionally, Las Vegas Market’s digital platform offers buyers, designers and market attendees a way to make preparation easier and more efficient. With the Las Vegas Market website and app, marketgoers can use the Exhibitor Directory to search by company name or by keywords to explore a robust catalog that includes more than 400 exhibitors and one million SKUs. Market Planner tools also allow attendees to create and customize their preferred exhibitor and product lists, as well as access their Scan & Go QR code during registration. Comprehensive building floor plans, registration details, and tips for attending market are also available through both the website and app.
The Winter 2020 Las Vegas Market runs Jan. 26-30, 2020, at World Market Center Las Vegas. For more information, visit www.lasvegasmarket.com.