Dallas Market Center welcomes buyers to its June Apparel & Accessories Market and KidsWorld Market
Dallas Market Center (DMC), a lifestyle marketplace in North America, supported retail’s rebound with a successful Apparel & Accessories Market and KidsWorld Market, June 23-26. The concurrent events, which were the first held since retail began to reopen in the region, offered buyers new brands and best-selling styles for business recovery and growth while debuting comprehensive health and safety measures.
The results exceeded all expectations, with attendance more than 85% of the previous year and consistent order writing throughout the socially distant marketplace. The number of new buyers dramatically increased, totaling more than 17% of overall attendance. Buyers visited mainly from the immediate region but also arrived from more than 30 states across U.S.
“Retailers are moving forward, and they’re eager to re-stock and renew their business. Frankly, we didn’t know quite what to expect so we are thrilled with attendance and with the feedback. Buyers arrived from many different locations, they were comfortable and cautiously confident in their order writing. Supported by strong new health measures, the Dallas marketplace is safe, wide-open, and ready to serve customers this summer,” Cindy Morris, president and CEO of DMC, commented.
The recent markets featured more than 400 showrooms open for business —approximately 70% of usual showrooms — plus more than 80 temps. Buyers focused on apparel and accessories immediate delivery items and fall and holiday styles from the women’s and western showrooms on the 15th, 14th, and 13th floors as well as in the temps. KidsWorld Market welcomed childrenswear buyers seeking every category of products for newborns to teens.
New Health & Safety Guidelines
The show marked the debut of new health and safety measures to ensure that DMC is safe to visit and promotes good health and strict social distancing. New guidelines included requiring temperature checks for every visitor every day, mandatory masks, and social distancing. Operational changes included deep cleaning, no gatherings and limited food options such as individually packaged and to-go food service from multiple outlets. Along with these new steps, there were safety measures that are part of the design of the marketplace: open parking, large entryways, quick registration in multiple areas, wide hallways, multiple escalators, and showrooms with controlled access to allow for the appropriate distance between customers. While on campus everyone was instructed to follow the guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control regarding good hygiene, sanitation, and social distancing.
Socially Distant Events and Seminars
In line with health and safety guidelines, most events went virtual for the show. Those included:
- Virtual Discovery Tour with Rawlins: Apparel Items Guaranteed to Sell: Nationally-recognized retail expert Rawlins Gilliland toured showrooms with the film crew and highlighted profitable and exciting lines and products.
- Virtual Discovery Tour with Rawlins: Fresh & Profitable Fashion Accessories & Footwear: Rawlins Gilliland spotlighted on-trend accessories & footwear throughout market to generate quick-sell success.
- Virtual Q&A Session with Laura Young, President of Sales & Marketing at Brighton: Laura discussed her insights on recent events and the response the brand is taking, which centers around the mission and values of the company.
- Virtual Seminar with Mercedes Gonzalez: Positioning Yourself for Sales Increases: Retail expert Mercedes Gonzalez shared her insight on how businesses can see an increase in sales and growth during this unique time.
Summer Trade Events
Upcoming trade events offer buyers a safe and welcoming marketplace. Those events include
- Total Home & Gift Market, August 19-25
- Dallas Lighting Expo, August 19-22
- August Apparel & Accessories Market, KidsWorld Market, and Western Market, August 25-28
- And more …
Buyers are encouraged to check the website for a list of open showrooms and call ahead for confirmation and to make an appointment. For more information, visit www.dallasmarketcenter.com.